Creamy Strawberry Tiramisu (Vegan)
Are you also a strawberry lover like me? Then this strawberry tiramisu is just right for you! This tiramisu in a glass is so easy to make, super delicious and also completely vegan. It consists of a yogurt cream combined with a sponge cake, a strawberry puree and a shot of espresso. A great vegan dessert for summertime and it´s also perfect for your guests.
I love strawberry season, so I really wanted to create a new recipe with strawberries again. It’s also the first time I’ve made a vegan tiramisu. It turned out so delicious. The flavors of the tiramisu with strawberry are special because espresso, liqueur, sponge cake and a refreshing strawberry yogurt cream come together. Of course, you can also enjoy this creamy dessert with other fruits or without fruits.
Are you also such a big fan of strawberries? Then you might be interested in the following plant-based snacks:
- Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
- Baked Oatmeal with Strawberries
- Strawberry Banana Bread with Glaze
- Smoothie Bowl Strawberry/Raspberry
What is Tiramisu?
Tiramisu is a traditional dessert from Italy. The classic tiramisu consists of ladyfingers, mascarpone, egg yolks and sugar. The ladyfingers are soaked in a mixture of espresso as well as amaretto or another liqueur. The dessert will be stored in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. Usually, tiramisu is served with cocoa powder as a topping.
It is quite easy to make tiramisu without any animal products at all. Besides, you can even make the dessert a little healthier without sacrificing the delicious taste.
Simple Tiramisu – Ingredients
You don’t need many ingredients for this strawberry tiramisu in a glass. You can use leftover cake, brownie batter or vegan ladyfingers instead of sponge cake. If you don’t like strawberries try the tiramisu with blueberries, raspberries or cherries! I’m telling you, this dessert is so fruity, delicious and refreshing. Just perfect for summer!
- Sponge cake
- Whipped Cream
- Yogurt – For a slightly thicker consistency you can use a Skyr yogurt alternative. Otherwise coconut or soy yogurt will also work.
- Coconut sugar – Or another sweetener of your choice.
- Lemon zest or a squeeze of lemon
- Amaretto (alcohol) or bitter almond flavoring (without alcohol)
- Cocoa powder as topping
In addition, I made a strawberry puree consisting of strawberries, yogurt and agave syrup.
Strawberry tiramisu layers – How to do it!
It all comes down to the layers in the tiramisu! By the way, you can use a regular baking dish instead of jars and layer the tiramisu in the same order. If you make a sponge cake or another dough and want to use it for the jars, use a glass to cut out circles.
1st layer: Sponge cake, pour some of the coffee-amaretto mixture over the sponge cake.
2nd layer: Yogurt-cream
3rd layer: Strawberry puree
Finally, dust the strawberry tiramisu with cocoa powder and serve.
Tiramisu is best enjoyed fresh! Otherwise, it can be stored up to 3 days airtight in the refrigerator.
More delicious plant-based desserts for summer:
- Carrot Cake Bars
- Chocolate Coconut Energy Balls
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Lemon Cake
- No-Bake Coconut Balls
- Energy Balls with Raspberries
How do you like this recipe?
I would be very happy to get feedback from you! If you try this Tiramisu with Strawberry recipe, please leave me a comment with a ⭐️ rating. Are you active on Instagram? If you post a picture of this recipe, please link it to me with @plantiful.heart so I can see your creation!
- 200 gr Spelt or all-purpose flour
- 100 gr Coconut sugar Alternative: Agave syrup or maple syrup
- 240 ml Sparkling water
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 70 ml Canola oil Alternative: Coconut or sunflower oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 pinch of Salt
- 200 gr Whipping cream without dairy
- 300 gr Skyr yogurt or curd without dairy Alternative: coconut or soy yogurt
- 250 gr Strawberries
- 60 gr Agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp Lemon zest
- 80-100 ml Espresso
- 2 tbsp Amaretto Alternative: Bitter almond extract (without alcohol)
- 100 gr Strawberries
- 1 tbsp Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Agave syrup
- Put flour, sugar, baking powder, vanilla and salt in a mixing bowl and mix together.
- Then add oil and sparkling water. Mix well again and pour into a springform pan.
- Bake for about 20 – 25 minutes. Check the dough with a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean the dough is ready. It is important to keep an eye on the cake. The sponge cake should not be in the oven for too long!
- Let the dough cool a bit and cut out circles with a glass.
- Mash strawberries and mix with remaining ingredients. Put it in the fridge.
- Wash strawberries and cut into small pieces.
- Use a hand mixer to whip the cream. Mix yogurt, sugar and lemon zest in a mixing bowl and gently stir in the whipped cream.
- Mix strawberries with the yogurt cream.
- Mix amaretto and espresso.
- First place the sponge cake in the glass and add some of the espresso amaretto mixture. Then spread the yogurt cream on top and add a layer of strawberry puree. Continue layering your glasses like this.
- Put the tiramisu in the fridge for at least an hour. For an even more intense flavor place in the fridge overnight.
- Dust with cocoa powder and enjoy :-).
ON PINTEREST YOU CAN FIND ME HERE: PLANTIFULHEART. IF YOU LIKE THE RECIPE, PLEASE PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE: