Easy One Pot Pasta with Tomato Sauce (Vegan)
A MUST for all pasta lovers! The One Pot Pasta with tomato sauce is prepared in a single pot – that’s all you need. The dish is ready in 15 minutes, tastes super delicious and the tomato sauce becomes so creamy due to the addition of vegan cream cheese. You don’t need many ingredients for this One Pot Pasta recipe. It’s also perfect for meal prep!
Easy One Pot Pasta Recipe
Today I have a super easy one pot pasta basic recipe for you. The One Pot Pasta trend exists for a while now. However, as with almost all trends, I have jumped on board quite late. I actually missed something because the pasta dish is prepared very quickly and in addition you only need a pot to cook it. It could hardly be easier :-).
It’s an absolute feel-good dish, perfect for a cozy weeknight as well as Meal Prep and clean up is a breeze! Additionally, you can add veggies to the dish and customize it to your taste. This will make the pasta with tomato sauce even more nutritious.
If you can’t get enough of easy pasta recipes either then you might like the following dishes with pasta:
- Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta
- Creamy Italian Pasta Bake
- Tomato Sauce with Gnocchi
- Pasta Salad with Pesto Rosso
- Lasagna Recipe
- Avocado Pesto with Pasta
- Lentil Bolognese
- Roasted Red Pepper Pesto (alla Calabrese)
One Pot Pasta with Tomato Sauce – Easy Preparation
For the dish, you will need 1 knife, 1 cutting board, 1 pot, and 1 wooden spoon or spatula for stirring.
- First cut the onion and garlic into small pieces. Put some oil in a pot and fry onion and garlic until translucent.
2. Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and mix everything together well.
For the One Pot Pasta you need enough water to cook the pasta. If you are using frozen vegetables increase the amount of water. While stirring the pasta you can also determine if the sauce is too thick. If it is, just add more water.
Do you want to use vegetables from the jar/can? Then mix the vegetables with the remaining ingredients just before the dish is ready.
How to store the One Pot Pasta?
You can easily prepare the pasta with tomato sauce for Meal Prep. Either prepare the pasta in an extra pot and store the sauce and pasta separately or store the entire dish in an airtight container. You can store the One Pot Pasta in the fridge for up to 4 days.
The best pasta for this recipe
I love to use pasta curls but for this one pot pasta spaghetti, farfalle, fusilli and penne are also very suitable. However, you have to pay attention to the cooking time of the pasta. It is enough to cook some sorts of pasta only 6 – 7 minutes.
How do you like this recipe?
I would be very happy to get feedback from you! If you try this One Pot Pasta with tomato sauce recipe, please leave me a comment with a ⭐️ rating. Are you active on Instagram? If you post a picture of this recipe, please link it to me with @plantiful.heart so I can see your creation! 🤩
One Pot Pasta with Tomato Sauce
- 250 gr Pasta
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes 400 gr
- 300 ml Veggie Broth Boil with water
- 50 gr Vegan Cream Cheese Alternative: Yoghurt
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Onion
- 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 bunch Fresh Basil or 1 tbsp Basil
- 1-2 tsp Oregano
- 1-2 tsp Smoked Pepper
- 1-2 tsp Salt & Pepper
- Cut onion and garlic into small pieces.
- Put some oil in a pot and fry onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot. Add the uncooked pasta at last. Let everything simmer for about 7 – 10 minutes (depending on the package instructions of the pasta), stirring regularly.
ON PINTEREST YOU CAN FIND ME HERE: PLANTIFULHEART. IF YOU LIKE THE RECIPE, PLEASE PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE 🤩