Strawberry Banana Bread with glaze (Vegan)
Jump to Recipe
Banana bread is my absolute favorite snack and because I love the strawberry season, I thought, why not combine both?! Actually, I would not call this dessert bread, I would prefer cake 🙂 but since I used my basic banana bread recipe the term “cake” does not quite fit.
Banana bread in combination with strawberries is absolutely delicious. Strawberries make the bread extra moist and at the same time, it tastes so refreshing. Especially if the bread comes directly from the fridge (I highly recommend it!). It is a perfect summer snack!
What ingredients are necessary for
a vegan banana bread with strawberries?
Because I was in love with my last chocolate banana bread recipe I used the same again for this bread. I slightly changed it a little bit. It’s absolutely easy to make and you only need a few ingredients. Overripe bananas are very important because they give the banana bread a natural sweetness. The riper they are the sweeter the banana bread becomes. If you don’t want to use sugar you can use agave syrup, coconut blossom sugar, maple syrup or other alternatives. In this case, I´ve added sugar. Maybe the sweetness of the bananas is enough for you? Just try it out 🙂
This time I chose neutral coconut oil instead of rapeseed oil. The result was actually the same. I love to use oil for this recipe because I like banana bread very moist and with
Other ingredients that are important for this vegan banana bread are baking powder, apple cider vinegar, vanilla paste and for all chocolate lovers, the chocolate chips are essential! Of course, don’t forget the strawberries for this recipe :-)))))
Preparation of a strawberry glaze
I have to admit I love a sweet, refreshing glaze on my cake and now also on my banana bread. To make the bread taste a bit more like strawberries I thought it´s a perfect idea to brush a glaze on top. But if you want to prepare the bread healthy I wouldn’t recommend making this glaze. Of course, this bread tastes also great without it.
The glaze consists of only three ingredients, you just need powdered sugar, butter and of course fresh strawberries. However, you don’t need much of the butter but you need a lot of powdered sugar. It´s definitely worth it! A fresh strawberry glaze is absolutely delish. Let the bread cool a bit and then spread the glaze over the top.
Important: You must sieve the powdered sugar, otherwise you will have lumps in your glaze.
This vegan banana bread is:
- perfect for summer
- quick and easy to make
- delicious as a snack or for breakfast
Are you interested in more vegan banana snacks? Then you probably also like these recipes:
Dessert Ideas without bananas:
- Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Peanut Butter Cups
- Cookie Dough Bites
- Raspberry Chocolate Coconut Bars (Bounty)
I would be very happy to get feedback from you! If you try this strawberry banana bread with glaze recipe, please leave me a comment with a ⭐️ rating. Are you active on Instagram or Facebook? If you post a picture of this recipe, please link it to me with @plantiful.heart so I can see your creation! 🤩
Under the recipe, you’ll find a picture I made especially for Pinterest to pin. With the red P (desktop view: left side, mobile phone view: bottom right) you can also simply pin a picture of your choice. If you like this recipe, you can pin it on your Pinterest board.
Strawberry Banana Bread with glaze (Vegan)
For the banana bread:
- 200 gr spelt flour
- 50 gr oats
- 3 bananas
- 1 cup strawberries
- 100 gr sugar Alternative: Maple syrup or Coconut blossom sugar
- 80 ml neutral coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 25 gr chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp vanilla paste vanilla extract vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch of salt
- Mash the bananas in a small bowl with a fork until they are soft.
- Add oil, cider vinegar, vanilla paste, and brown sugar, mix it well.
- Mix the dry ingredients separately together.
- Then stir the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients.
- Cut the strawberries into quarters and mix them in the dough.Optional: Add some chocolate chips 🙂
- Pour the dough into the greased baking tin.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes. By the way, you can find out if the bread is ready with the toothpick test. It shouldn’t be liquid anymore!
For the glaze:
- Let the banana bread cool for a little bit and prepare the glaze.
- Put strawberries in a blender, mix them.
- Sift powdered sugar into a small bowl, add melted butter and vanilla paste.
- Add strawberries and mix everything well. Brush glaze on the cooled bread.