Healthy Strawberry Oatmeal Bars Recipe
These healthy strawberry oatmeal bars are made from simple and mainly healthy ingredients. They are so easy to make. The addition of fruit makes the bars very juicy. In fact, they are a little bit more crunchy, not too soft. The combination of oats, nuts, and fruit tastes simply delicious and you can enjoy these oatmeal bars for breakfast. Due to the healthy ingredients, they are also an energizing start into the day or perfect as a snack.
Strawberry time is my favorite time! I love strawberries. Not only do they look beautiful but they taste so delicious. Besides, you can try so many recipes with strawberries. This year I’m a bit late but these strawberry oatmeal bars taste great and are also healthy. Healthy baking is actually not that difficult, so I would like to show you which ingredients are best to use and which ingredients go well together. I am not only a big fan of strawberries but also of oats. They are so versatile, satisfying, and healthy. That’s why I love being in the kitchen and creating new recipes with oats. So far I already made a recipe for chocolate oatmeal cookies as well as a healthy baked banana oatmeal recipe and energy balls with dates and raspberries.
What ingredients do Healthy Strawberry Oatmeal Bars consist of?
The strawberry oatmeal bars consist of simple basic ingredients. If you don’t have the ingredients at home, they can be easily exchanged. If it is not strawberry season, you can use other fruits or frozen fruits. These oatmeal bars taste very good with blueberries, raspberries, cherries, and apricots.
You need the following ingredients for strawberry oatmeal bars:
- Oats and flour – The base of the bars is made of oats and flour. If you want to make them gluten-free, just use oatmeal flour, ground nuts, or gluten-free flour.
- Coconut oil and nut butter – You can use an oil of your choice. However, the coconut flavor goes very well with these bars. Other good oils for baking: sunflower oil and olive oil. Don’t you have any oil at hand? Then you can simply replace the oil with butter. Do you want to add less oil? Then just use some more nut butter.
- Spices – Use your favorite spices for these oatmeal bars. I have added cinnamon and ginger to the dough. I have also added a little salt. This gives them even more sweetness. You can also add some turmeric or vanilla. But you can also leave out the spices completely.
- Sweetener – Would you like to use a healthy sweetener? Then I recommend using coconut blossom sugar, date, or maple syrup. I prefer to use agave syrup.
- For the Strawberry Mixture: strawberries, cornstarch, lemon juice, unsalted pistachios, and some sugar.
If you try another variation of these bars, please let me know in the comments!
Preparation of Vegan Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
The cake is so quick and easy to make. You only need a few kitchen utensils to prepare it: 2 mixing bowls, 1 baking dish (9 x 5 x 3 inches), 1 whisk, 1 mortar, and 1 knife. It is no problem if the baking dish is bigger, so the cake pieces will be a little bit thinner or you make twice the amount.
- First of all, you can prepare the strawberry mixture. Cut the strawberries into small pieces, add cornstarch, lemon juice, and some sugar. Mix everything well and put the bowl aside. Now mix all the dry ingredients together and then add the liquid ingredients while stirring.
2. Before you put the dough into the baking dish, it is best to put a piece of baking paper in it, so that you can easily remove the oatmeal bars from the dish. Pour the dough into the baking dish and spread it evenly. Keep a little of the dough so that you can put some crumbles on the strawberries at the end. Now add the strawberry mixture and spread the strawberries evenly.
3. The combination of pistachios and strawberries is super delicious. That is why you should add some unsalted pistachios to the strawberries. Then form the rest of the dough into crumbles and spread the crumbles on the strawberries.
How to store Strawberry Oatmeal Bars?
These healthy strawberry oatmeal bars are perfect for Meal Prep. You can store the bars in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Enjoy the bars either cold or warm in the oven/microwave. You can also make double the amount and store half of it in the freezer. Cut the cake into pieces and store them in a container in the freezer.
Make sure you try these strawberry oatmeal bars because they are…
- Healthier than most dessert recipes
- Easy to make with simple ingredients
- With strawberries
- Very tasty
- A success without gluten
Are you interested in more plant-based dessert recipes? Then you should definitely check out the following:
- Lemon Cake Recipe
- No-Bake Coconut Balls
- Carrot Muffins with Cream Cheese
- Chocolate Mousse with Silken Tofu
- Cookie Dough without Eggs
How do you like this recipe?
I would be very happy to get feedback from you! If you try these strawberry oatmeal bars, please leave me a comment with a ⭐️ rating. Are you active on Instagram? If you post a picture of this recipe, please link it to me with @plantiful.heart so I can see your creation! 🤩
Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
- 100 gr Oats
- 80 gr Spelt Flour Alternative: All-Purpose Flour
- 60 ml Coconut Oil Alternative: Butter
- 20 ml Cashew Butter Or just 80 ml Oil/Butter
- 80 ml Agave Syrup Alternative: Date or Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Ginger Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 /2 tsp Salt
- 5-10 gr Unsalted Pistachios OPTIONAL
- 250 gr Strawberries
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Sugar
- Cut the strawberries into small pieces, add cornstarch, lemon juice, and some sugar. Mix everything well and put the bowl aside.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together: oats, flour, ginger powder, cinnamon, and salt and then add the liquid ingredients while stirring: coconut oil, cashew butter, and agave syrup. Melt the coconut oil shortly in the microwave.
- Before you put the dough into the baking dish, it is best to put a piece of baking paper into the baking dish, so that you can get the bars out of the dish even better. Pour the dough into the baking dish and spread it evenly. Keep a little of the dough so that you can put some crumbles on the strawberries at the end.
- Grind the pistachios in a mortar. Add the strawberry mixture, spread the strawberries evenly. Add the pistachios onto the strawberries. Then form the rest of the dough into crumbles and spread the crumbles on the strawberries.
- Bake the oatmeal bars at 180° in the oven for 35 – 40 minutes. Let the bars cool down so that the bars get firm.
Are you active on Pinterest? and do you like this recipe? Then you can pin the following picture 😀 You can find the Pinterest Button under the picture.