Vegan Carrot Cake Bars Recipe (No-Bake Dessert)
There’s nothing better for Easter than a delicious carrot cake, right?! These vegan Carrot Cake Bars are so quick to make without baking and in addition, the cake is completely sugar-free. It’s a healthy recipe and not only perfect for Easter because these slices are also a filling nutritious grab-and-go snack. The frosting consists of a cashew coconut cream. The dough is made mainly from dates, carrots as well as oats.
No-Bake Carrot Cake Bars
With Easter just around the corner, I’ve created a healthy and delicious carrot cake for you. The recipe works without any sugar or additives. These Carrot Cake bars are full of healthy ingredients. The natural sweetness of the dates not only makes the cake taste sweet but also makes it moist. For the first time, I created a chocolate cashew coconut frosting. So far, I’ve mainly made frosting with cream cheese, like in my classic carrot cake recipe. This version is definitely more nutritious and also super delicious. I also added a little bit of chocolate. It’s a great combination!
By the way, you can also make Carrot Cake Energy Balls with the dough. Just shape the dough into balls and put them in the fridge or freezer.
Would you rather try healthy carrot muffins? Then check out my Carrot Muffins with Cream Cheese!
Ingredients Healthy Carrot Cake
Important for the vegan Carrot Cake bars are the basic ingredients and the spices. The spices make the carrot cake so flavorful. By the way, you can enjoy the cake without frosting or use cream cheese frosting.
- Dates give the Carrot Cake bars the natural sweetness. By the way, I don’t use Medjool dates that often, but rather classic dates already pitted from the supermarket or online. The dates work just as well. However, to make the dates easier to process, I soak them for a few hours or at least 1 hour before processing.
- Oats serve as a flour substitute and strengthen the dough. Simply put oats in a blender and grind finely. This is how you get oat flour. For a gluten-free preparation, simply use gluten-free oats.
- Carrots make the no-bake dough moist. A carrot cake without carrots is of course not possible… :-D.
- Walnuts complete the carrot cake. Walnuts are not only super healthy but also give the bars a delicious taste. The combination is perfect together! That’s why I definitely recommend adding chopped walnuts to the dough.
- Almond butter
- Shredded Coconut
- Spices: Lemon zest, Ginger, Nutmeg, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Salt.
Cashew Coconut Frosting:
- Cashews are the base for the frosting. Be sure to soak cashews to make the frosting creamy.
- Coconut cream gives the frosting the perfect consistency. Use only the coconut fat!
- Additional: Agave syrup, Chocolate, Vanilla.
Try to use vegetables more often in baking, because that makes the dough moist and the dessert is directly healthier. You usually do not taste the vegetables at all, so it’s worth it!
Baking with vegetables, more recipes:
- Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes with Pumpkin Buttercream Frosting
- Mugcake with Chocolate and Pumpkin
- Cinnamon rolls with Pumpkin
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Healthy Edible Cookie Dough
- Lemon Zucchini Muffins
- Pancakes with Pumpkin
How do you like this recipe?
I would be very happy to get feedback from you! If you try this recipe, please leave me a comment with a ⭐️ rating. Are you active on Instagram? If you post a picture of this recipe, please link it to me with @plantiful.heart so I can see your creation! 🤩
Carrot Cake Bars
- 200 gr Oats
- 150 gr Dates pitted
- 100 gr Walnuts
- 50 ml Almond Butter
- 50 gr Shredded Coconut
- 2 Carrots
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 120 gr Cashew Nuts
- 100 ml Coconut Cream Canned
- 60 ml Agave Syrup Alternative: Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Chocolate Powder
- Soak the cashews in water at least 1 hour before preparation. Pour off the water, put the cashews in the chopper. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until creamy. Cover the frosting and put it in the fridge.
- Soak the dates in water at least 1 hour before preparation.
- Grate the carrots and grind the walnuts. You can also blend the walnuts in a food processor.
- Blend oats in a food processor to get oat flour. Set the oat flour aside.
- Put the dates and the almond butter in the food processor. Mix the dates until a mass is formed or only small pieces remain. Add the spices, shredded coconut, walnuts and carrots. Mix everything until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Either you add the oat flour in the chopper and blend the mixture well again or you put everything in a large mixing bowl and knead the dough with your hands. I decided to go for the second option, because not everything fit well into my mixer. In addition, you do not overmix the dough.
- Place baking paper on an 8×8 inch pan. Press the dough into the pan and spread the cake mixture evenly.
- Now spread the frosting on the dough. Place the Carrot Cake bars in the freezer and let the cake sit for about 2 – 4 hours or overnight.
- Let the cake slices defrost for a few minutes. The slices should be soft but still taste refreshing, which is how I like carrot cake best!
ON PINTEREST YOU CAN FIND ME HERE: PLANTIFULHEART. IF YOU LIKE THE RECIPE, PLEASE PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE 🤩