Vegan Apple Cinnamon Muffins
The apple cinnamon muffins are the perfect snack for the fall season. I love this combination especially with crispy crumbles on top of the muffins. Not only does it smell good in the kitchen, but they also taste heavenly! The muffins are fluffy and moist. Besides, they are so easy to make and they do not require any egg or dairy products.
Autumn is coming and now I have a fitting recipe for you. The apple cinnamon combination is my favorite during the fall season, next to pumpkin recipes. There are already delicious apple recipes on my blog that I highly recommend, a quick Apple Crumble recipe and a delicious Apple pie with date caramel. There is nothing better than a piece of this apple pie or the apple cinnamon muffins served with a delicious cup of coffee.
The apple cinnamon muffins have turned out very fluffy and moist. Additionally, I made crumbles. After baking they are so crispy. I highly recommend this combination! The muffin recipe is so easy to make. Basically, you only have to mix the ingredients and the muffins are ready to go into the oven. The crumbles are of course optional but with only a few ingredients they are also very easy to make. There is a nice side effect, the kitchen smells fantastic after baking :-).
How to make Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Step 1: Making the dough
- Peel and core the apples. Cut them into small pieces. Mix the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Stir in the applesauce. In another mixing bowl mix mineral water with oil. Add the mixture to the dry ingredients. Whisk everything to a creamy dough. Stir the apple pieces into the dough.
Step 2: Making the crumbles
- Mix the dry ingredients together and then add the softened butter. Using your hands, rub the dough mixture into crumbs.
2. Grease the muffin moulds with some butter/margarine. Pour the dough into the muffin forms and add the crumbles. The dough is enough for 12 muffins.
3. Let the muffins cool down shortly and enjoy them still warm. This is how the muffins taste best. The crumbles are crispy after baking. However, they become soft after a few days. Therefore it is best to eat the muffins as soon as possible or do not cover all muffins with crumbles.
Would you prefer to try another muffin variation? Then you can also use this dough for other muffin creations such as chocolate, blueberry, or experiment with other fruits. I also have other muffin recipes for you that you might like. The addition of vegetables makes muffins moist too and you can’t taste the vegetables at all, like the carrot muffins with cream cheese and zucchini lemon muffins.
How to store the muffins
The muffins with crumbles should be consumed within 1 – 2 days because the crumbles are crispy right after baking. You can keep the apple cinnamon muffins at room temperature for 7 days in an airtight container. You can also freeze the remaining muffins in portions.
This apple cinnamon muffin recipe is:
- Simple to make
- Without eggs
- Without dairy products
- Perfect for fall
- So yummy
- A great Snack To-Go
More plant-based snack recipes for fall season:
- Chocolat Coconut Energy Balls
- Pumpkin Bars
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Edible Cookie Dough
- Baked Banana Oatmeal
How do you like this recipe?
I would be very happy to get feedback from you! If you try these apple cinnamon muffins, please leave me a comment with a ⭐️ rating. Are you active on Instagram? If you post a picture of this recipe, please link it to me with @plantiful.heart so I can see your creation! 🤩
Apple Cinnamon Muffins
For the Muffins:
- 250 gr Spelt Flour
- 150 ml Sparkling Water
- 125 gr Coconut Blossom Sugar Alternative: Brown Sugar, Agave Syrup
- 80 ml Olive Oil Alternative: Coconut Oil
- 60 gr Applesauce
- 3 Apples
- 2 tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch of Salt
For the Crumbles: (OPTIONAL)
- 75 gr Spelt Flour
- 30 gr Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 45 gr Softened Butter
- 1 pinch of Salt
- Peel and core the apples. Cut them into small pieces.
- Mix Spelt Flour, Coconut Blossom Sugar, Baking Powder, Cinnamon, Vanilla Extract, Lemon Zest and Salt together in a mixing bowl. Stir in the applesauce.
- In another mixing bowl mix sparkling water with oil. Add the mixture to the dry ingredients. Whisk everything to a creamy dough. Stir the apple pieces into the dough.
- For the crumbles: Mix dry ingredients together and then add the softened butter. Using your hands, rub the dough mixture into crumbs.
- Grease the muffin moulds with some butter/margarine. Pour the dough into the muffin forms and add the crumbles.
- Bake the muffins for about 20 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool down briefly and enjoy them still warm.
Are you active on Pinterest? and do you like this recipe? Then you can pin the following picture 😀 You can find the Pinterest Button under the picture.