Spelt Pancakes (sugar free)
Pancakes for breakfast? There is nothing better than enjoying a delicious fluffy pancake stack in the morning (especially on Sundays :-D). That’s what I call the perfect start to the day! These pancakes are super quick to make. Whether with blueberries or chocolate, these pancakes taste simply heavenly. They are also very filling and nutritious.
Basic Recipe Spelt Pancakes
I love pancakes – that’s why I’m showing you my favorite basic recipe for spelt pancakes today. For this recipe, you only need a few ingredients which you often already have at home. You can also vary the recipe to your personal taste. I especially like combining pancakes with fruit or chocolate. Another delicious variation are these vegan banana chocolate chip pancakes. You can also add nuts or nut butter. Pancakes and pumpkin? Yes, that works and it tastes so delicious! By adding pumpkin the pancakes become very moist. There are so many different variations that you can try out just to bring some variety to your breakfast.
You need the following ingredients for this basic spelt pancake recipe:
- Spelt Flour
- Oat Milk
- Cornstarch/Baking Powder
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Coconut Oil
- Agave Syrup
What are the best ways to replace an egg?
There are several ways to replace an egg. Depending on which egg substitute you use, it can change the consistency/taste a little bit.
Egg replacement possibilities:
- Flax or Chia Seeds
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Powder
- Egg Replacer Powder
Fruit puree is a good and simple way to replace a classic egg during baking. It can be used as a natural binder. Applesauce is rather tasteless. You can often taste banana. But you can also use apple cider vinegar and baking powder as an egg substitute. The combination is tasteless and works pretty easily. Especially for savory but also sweet dishes, flax or chia seeds are ideal as an egg substitute. Would you like to know how it works? Then check out my oatmeal chocolate cookies. In addition, you can buy egg substitute powder in the supermarket, which you can use for both savory and sweet dishes.
How to serve pancakes?
I prefer There are so many ways to serve pancakes. Classic American pancakes are often served with maple syrup. For the chocolate pancakes, I have made caramelized bananas. For the blueberry pancakes, I mixed coconut yogurt with currant powder and some agave syrup. You can also combine some frozen fruits with yogurt and use it as a sauce. More topping ideas: Chocolate sauce, nut butter, cinnamon and sugar, ice cream.to mix my standard recipe with chocolate chips or blueberries. Otherwise, the sauce is also important. I like to use a fruit sauce (to make it a bit healthier :-D), chocolate, or peanut butter.
How do you like this recipe?
I would be very happy to get feedback from you! If you try these Pumpkin Pancakes, please leave me a comment with a ⭐️ rating. Are you active on Instagram? If you post a picture of this Pumpkin Pancakes recipe, please link to me with @plantiful.heart so I can see your creation! ?
- 100 gr Spelt Flour or only 150 gr Spelt Flour
- 40 gr Coconut Flour OPTIONAL
- 250 ml Oat Milk or another plant-based Milk
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 3-5 tbsp Agave Syrup
- 1 pinch of Salt
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder OPTIONAL – for Chocolate Pancakes
- 1 cup frozen or fresh Blueberries OPTIONAL – for Blueberry Pancakes
- First, mix the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl: spelt flour, coconut flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. If you want to make chocolate pancakes, add cocoa powder.
- Now mix the liquid ingredients together: oat milk (room temperature), coconut oil (melted), apple cider vinegar, and agave syrup.
- Add, while stirring, the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients. If you want to make blueberry pancakes now add blueberries.
- Let the dough rest for about 10 minutes.
- Heat some coconut oil in a frying pan, add small portions of dough and fry it from both sides until golden brown.
Are you active on Pinterest? and do you like this recipe? Then you can pin the following picture ? You can find the Pinterest Button under the picture.