Raspberry Chocolate Coconut Bars (Bountys) (gluten-free)
Do you guys celebrate Valentine’s Day? Basically we don’t celebrate this day. I think you shouldn´t just show your love on a certain day but every now and then when you feel like it. But it’s nice to give away (not only on Valentine’s Day) homemade treats 🙂
Actually I didn’t want to create a snack for Valentine’s Day at all but when I saw coconut bars, inspired by Pinterest, I thought why not?! I like coconut very much (are you also coconut fans?) and then covered with chocolate, that’s the perfect snack for me. To make it perfect for Valentine’s Day, I’ve prepared a raspberry version of the coconut bars.
About the Coconut
This bar consists mainly of coconut products. Therefore it doesn’t contain flour, soy or nuts. The coconut is a very popular superfood. That is why there are many coconut products on the market today. Coconut is healthy because it contains a lot of fibre and minerals (such as calcium, iron, sodium, potassium). However, coconuts have a high fat content.
I regularly eat coconut products. I prefer to use coconut oil in oatmeal, coconut milk in curry dishes or coconut chips in my bowls (my favorite are chocolate chips – surprise :-)). What are your favourite coconut products?
You can prepare this snack very quickly. But you have to let the coconut mass rest for about 3 hours. Nevertheless, it is worth making coconut bars yourself because they taste so delicious, especially mixed with raspberries. I can only recommend it! A good and filling snack for in between.
Raspberry Chocolate Coconut Bars
- 130 gr desiccated coconut
- 25 gr coconut oil
- 100 gr coconut milk (only the fat)
- 40 gr frozen raspberries
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 gr dark chocolate
- 1 pinch of salt
- Put all the ingredients in a pot and cook briefly over medium heat.
- Once all the ingredients have melted and the mixture is well combined remove the pot from the heat.
- Spread the coconut mixture evenly in a bread tin lined with baking paper.
- Let the bars rest in a freezer for about 2 hours.
- Melt the chocolate and cover bars with chocolate.
- Let the bars rest in the fridge for about an hour.