Raspberry Chocolate Coconut Bars (Bountys) (gluten-free)
Do you guys celebrate Valentine’s Day? Basically we don’t celebrate this day. I think you shouldn´t just show your love on a certain day but every now and then when you feel like it. But it’s nice to give away (not only on Valentine’s Day) homemade treats 🙂
Actually I didn’t want to create a snack for Valentine’s Day at all but when I saw coconut bars, inspired by Pinterest, I thought why not?! I like coconut very much (are you also coconut fans?) and then covered with chocolate, that’s the perfect snack for me. To make it perfect for Valentine’s Day, I’ve prepared a raspberry version of the coconut bars.
About the Coconut
This bar consists mainly of coconut products. Therefore it doesn’t contain flour, soy or nuts. The coconut is a very popular superfood. That is why there are many coconut products on the market today. Coconut is healthy because it contains a lot of fibre and minerals (such as calcium, iron, sodium, potassium). However, coconuts have a high fat content.
I regularly eat coconut products. I prefer to use coconut oil in oatmeal, coconut milk in curry dishes or coconut chips in my bowls (my favorite are chocolate chips – surprise :-)). What are your favourite coconut products?
You can prepare this snack very quickly. But you have to let the coconut mass rest for about 3 hours. Nevertheless, it is worth making coconut bars yourself because they taste so delicious, especially mixed with raspberries. I can only recommend it! A good and filling snack for in between.
I’d like to say thank you to my boyfriend. For me, every day is a little bit like Valentine’s Day because I am very grateful to have you in my life. Only because of your support this blog has been created. Thank you for always being there for me, for believing in me and my dreams, for your love and for the fun we have together.
Raspberry Chocolate Coconut Bars
- 180 gr desiccated coconut
- 50 gr coconut oil
- 150 gr coconut milk (only the fat)
- 80 gr frozen raspberries
- 5 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla paste (vanilla extract)
- 200 gr dark chocolate
- 1 pinch of salt
- 200 gr dark chocolate
- 20 gr raspberry chocolate extra
- 1 tsp goji powder extra
- Put all the ingredients in a pot and cook briefly over medium heat.
- Once all the ingredients have melted and the mixture is well combined remove the pot from the heat.
- Spread the coconut mixture evenly in a bread tin lined with baking paper.
- Let the bars rest in a freezer for about 2 hours.
- Melt the chocolate and cover bars with chocolate.
- After the chocolate has dried spread pink chocolate on the bars.
- Let the bars rest in the fridge for about an hour.