Homemade Peanut Butter Cups (Vegan)
Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
Isn’t it the best combination?! Peanut butter with chocolate tastes incredibly delicious. Almost everyone knows the delicious American treat: Reese´s Peanut Butter Cups. Do you like eating them too? I was very happy when I discovered them here in the supermarket. The other day I wanted to eat Peanut Butter Cups again and thought I simply could make them myself. The cups from Reese´s are not vegan, so I just made them vegan.
What makes the Peanut Butter Cup recipe so special?
These homemade Peanut Butter Cups are without any additives! As with any homemade dish you know exactly what ingredients are in it. What is also so special about them?! You only need 5 ingredients which you often already have at home. That means you only need a sweetener, peanut butter, salt, vanilla extract and chocolate.
The recipe is also without baking. You only have to let the cups rest in the fridge and then you can directly eat them 🙂
Melting chocolate the right way!
Since I made this mistake I want to show you how to melt chocolate the right way before I get to the recipe. First time I melted the chocolate in the microwave and unfortunately it was only liquid for a short time. The mass quickly became lumpy. It is definitely not suitable for making peanut butter cups (or anything else). The chocolate should be creamy and liquid.
That’s why I won’t try to melt the chocolate in the microwave again (Yes… I’ve tried it many times before – I don’t know why). The following steps worked best:
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces (larger pieces are also ok).
- Place the chopped chocolate in an aluminium or glass bowl. The bowl should fit on the pot.
- Fill the pot with water (less than half that water should not overflow), heat it up and place the bowl with the chocolate on top of the pot.
- Set the temperature to low – stir and let the chocolate melt.
I think this is the best way to melt chocolate and it has always worked out good so far!
This recipe is:
- without milk
- only with 5 ingredients
- without baking
- like Reese´s Cups (just in vegan)
- the best combination
- very sweet
These sweet dessert ideas are also absolutely delicious 🙂
Peanut Butter Cups
- 200 gr Chocolate dark
- 5 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Paste or Vanilla Extract
- 60 gr Sugar / Powdered Sugar oder other sweetener
- 1 pinch of Salt
- Melt 100 gr chocolate, as described in the text.
- Using a small spoon, pour melted chocolate evenly into each muffin tin. Knock the form on the table to make the chocolate flat and smooth. Then put the form in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl add peanut butter, sugar, vanilla paste and salt. Mix it well.
- Take the form out of the freezer and put a spoonful of the peanut butter mixture on the frozen chocolate – repeat to knock the form on the table. Then put everything together in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Melt the rest of the chocolate, add it to the peanut butter mixture. Knock the form on the table to make it flat and smooth. Cool everything repeatedly for 10 minutes in the freezer.
If you are still interested in other vegan recipes check out my blog!
*This page may contain affiliate links.