My favorite Oatmeal Recipe
My favorite breakfast
Today everything revolves around my
Why is it such a power breakfast anyway?
By dissolving the fibre (i.e. the oats) in water/milk they expand in the stomach and satiate us for a very long time. Oatmeal also provides us with important nutrients, i.e. vitamins, protein, fat, carbohydrates and minerals. This breakfast is very good for our digestion.
Making Overnight Oats
That’s why it’s my absolute favorite for breakfast! You can also prepare it very well to-go for the next day. This variation is called “Overnight Oats” which means you prepare the Oatmeal and fill it into a glass or box and then put it in the fridge overnight. But you don’t have to cook it either you can mix it together and put it in a glass/box. You can warm up your porridge or enjoy it cold, everything is possible!
- 70 gr oats
- 260 ml oatmilk
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chia or flax seeds
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 /2 tsp turmeric or ginger OPTIONAL
- Put everything together in a saucepan and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low
- Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally
- Don’t forget to add your toppings!