Vegan Blueberry Yogurt Muffins
These vegan blueberry muffins with yogurt are so easy to make, a great snack to-go or perfect to start the day. The muffins are definitely healthier than the classic muffins in the supermarket or from the bakery. The addition of yogurt makes the muffins moist. Oats make the recipe perfect.
Easy Homemade Blueberry Muffins
The recipe for these homemade blueberry yogurt muffins is so simple to make. It is important to mix the wet ingredients as well as the dry ingredients separately from each other. Otherwise, just stir the batter together and bake the muffins in the oven. This way, you’ll get about 12 blueberry muffins and you can enjoy them for breakfast or as a snack. They’re also perfect for grab and go or as a yummy treat to bring to a party. The recipe is also family friendly. You can use date syrup or natural sweetener from fruits as a sugar alternative.
Are you looking for a fall muffin recipe? Then try my apple cinnamon muffins! Or are you looking for a healthy muffin recipe? Then the carrot or banana chocolate muffins might be something for you. By the way, the zucchini lemon muffins are especially refreshing and delicious.
Ingredients Vegan Blueberry Muffins
Fresh or frozen blueberries: Both can be used for this recipe. You don’t need to unfreeze the blueberries, you can add them directly to the batter.
Rolled oats mixed with spelt flour: Put the rolled oats in a blender and process them into oat flour. Oats will make the muffins even more nutritious. Wheat or whole wheat flour can be used instead of spelt flour.
Coconut sugar or another sugar alternative: the coconut blossom sugar gives the muffins a slightly caramel taste. Of course, refined or brown sugar can also be used.
Yogurt: The muffins became so fluffy because of the addition of yogurt. I used an all plant-based coconut yogurt for the blueberry muffins. Of course, soy yogurt or another plant-based alternative can also be used.
Oil: To make the batter moist, I prefer to add oil to my muffin recipes. Olive, canola or coconut oil work very well for baking.
Nut butter (Optional): To make the dough a little more nutritious and flavorful I added nut butter. But this is not a necessary ingredient!
Other ingredients: Oat milk, baking powder, baking soda, salt, lemon juice.
Blueberry Muffins Recipe – How to make them!
The muffins are so easy to prepare! Once you know how it works, you will definitely make the muffins more often. By the way, the blueberries can also be replaced with raspberries, cherries or other berries.
- S T E P
Mix dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and wet ingredients in a separate mixing bowl.
- S T E P
Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until everything is well mixed and stir in the blueberries.
- S T E P
Pour the batter into the muffin tins and bake the muffins. I had 12 Muffins.
Btw. you don’t need to use paper cups. You can simply grease the baking pan with a little butter and pour the batter directly into the cups. This way, the muffins can be easily removed from the cups after baking.
The blueberry muffins will last in an airtight container for 5 days in the refrigerator. You can also freeze leftover muffins in portions.
How do you like this recipe?
I would be very happy to get feedback from you! If you try this recipe, please leave me a comment with a ⭐️ rating. Are you active on Instagram? If you post a picture of this recipe, please link it to me with @plantiful.heart so I can see your creation!
Blueberry Yogurt Muffins
- 150 gr Spelt Flour
- 100 gr Rolled Oats Processed into oat flour
- 200 gr Coconut Yogurt Alternativ: Sojajoghurt Alternative: Soy yogurt
- 150 gr Blueberries
- 100 – 130 gr Coconut Sugar Alternative: Maple Syrup or other sweeteners (Amount according to taste)
- 80 ml Oat Milk
- 50 ml Olive Oil Alternative: Coconut Oil
- 30 ml Nut Butter OPTIONAL – Alternative: 80 ml Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest Or Lemon Juice
- 1 pinch of Salt
- Mix oats into oat flour in a blender and wash the blueberries.
- In a mixing bowl, combine spelt flour, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, coconut sugar and salt.
- Then, in a separate mixing bowl, whisk together coconut yogurt, oat milk, olive oil, nut butter, lemon juice.
- Add the mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix everything into a creamy dough and now stir the blueberries into the dough.
- Grease the muffin cups with a little butter/margarine. Pour the batter into the muffin cups.
- Bake the muffins at 350°F for about 20 – 25 minutes. If you're not sure use the toothpick test. Simply stick a toothpick into the muffin. If the toothpick is clean then the muffins are ready.
- Let the muffins cool briefly and enjoy them while they are still warm.
ON PINTEREST YOU CAN FIND ME HERE: PLANTIFULHEART. IF YOU LIKE THE RECIPE, PLEASE PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE: