Two sweet Pumpkin Recipes
Pumpkin dishes are perfect for autumn and winter season, so I thought I’d introduce you to two dishes that are super simple and so delicious. This time I have two sweet dishes with pumpkin for you and next time I´ll show you savory pumpkin variations. It’s impressive what you can do with a pumpkin. My favourite is the Hokkaido pumpkin because you can eat the skin. In my recipes I use the Hokkaido pumpkin but I’m sure you can try it with other kinds of pumpkin.
Why is pumpkin so healthy?
The pumpkin is also very healthy. It is an important source of vitamins (including beta carotene – the precursor to vitamin A), minerals (including potassim, magnesium, calcium and iron).
That’s a good reason to just try pumpkin dishes!
Pumpkin in Oatmeal
First I have a simple pumpkin breakfast idea for you: Pumpkin Oatmeal. For both dishes you have to prepare the pumpkin first: cut it into small pieces, put them into a saucepan and let the pumpkin pieces simmer for a few minutes until they are very tender. Puree the pieces. Then you can add your pureed pumpkin to some dishes. You can also keep it in the fridge for a few days.
- 1 cup oats
- 2 cups oatmilk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 100 gr pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp agave syrup
- Put everything together in a saucepan and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low
- Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let it rest for about 2 minutes
- Don’t forget to add your toppings 🙂
My second dish is so delicious. I’d say these are the best vegan pancakes I’ve eaten so far. Of course, it could be because I added some chocolate drops. However, the pancakes were also very fluffy and juicy. If you’re a pancake lover, you have to try this dish. I hope you like it as much as I do.
- 150 gr spelt flour
- 150 gr pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 220 ml oatmilk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp apple vinegar
- 2 tsp agave syrup
- some chocolate chips
- Mix wet ingredients together in a bowl and dry ingredients in another bowl
- Then mix the wet ingredients slowly in the dry ones
- After that add chocolate chips
- Put coconut oil in the pan and fry the pancakes